Coming up with new Fancy Dress Competition Ideas for school contests is not an easy task. Some parents take it up as a challenge, some worry about how to dress up their child for the event, some surf the internet for ideas and so on. All this leaves parents thoroughly confused. A few are creative enough to tide through the situation.
Here are some images that give you an idea for decking up your child for fancy dress competition. The pictures are of children from India. Click on an image for enlarged view.
Top Fancy Dress Competition Ideas
1. Select a theme for your kids fancy dress.
Use paper craft to create petals for sunflower,lotus etc.
- Fruits and vegetables
You can create colorful fruits like apple,mango,grapes using paper,colors and balloons. Don’t forget to make a few leaves and a cap with a stem.
like Go Green, Save The Earth, Eat healthy etc. You can use different materials with slogans written on them to prove your point.
- National Leaders
Here you may have to rent a dress to make your child resemble a well known national leader.
Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj
Christmas, Gokul Asthami, Diwali(Indian festivals): a few ideas are Santa Clause, Reindeer, Christmas tree,angel,sledge,gift box,Easter Bunny, Easter egg,kite,lamp(diya),fire cracker,Lord Krishna, Lord Ganesha etc.
You may choose your child’s favorite cartoon character to prepare/rent a dress. Ben10, Flintstones, Simpsons, Barbie,Mickey and Donald,Tom and Jerry etc.
- Community helpers
Doctor,Painter, Janitor, tailor, electrician, milk man etc. are a few ideas.
- Birds,animals and insects
You can dress up your child to resemble a parrot, tiger, elephant or a butterfly among others.
- National Costumes of people from different countries.
- Other ideas
Clock, Milk Carton, Rainbow, Tree, Clown etc.
2. Then teach a few lines related to the character that your child is supposed to enact, for the fancy dress competition. The lines must provide accurate information about the character being portrayed and must begin with a proper introduction.
3. Practice patience and do not force the child to learn the lines and how to enact, all at once. Teach the child to begin with a smile.
Video on a child dressed up as Shivaji Maharaj
Done! Your child is all set for the fancy dress competition!
Some more pictures on fancy dress competition ideas from the world!
Photo Credits:Some girl named Jen
Photo Credits:Justin Beckley
Photo Credits:paul schultz