Dogs are man’s best friends and deserve to be pampered! This is best advocated by dog owners who take their pooches to fancy pet grooming spas and dog salons and let them have a pedicure, de-tangling, hot oil treatment, aromatherapy, stylish haircuts etc. to name a few. Not sure whether our four-legged friends agree on this or are even aware of what is being done to them. But basic grooming is essential for your pet dogs else they may cause health problems to other members of the family.
Pet owners who are super-busy and have no time for even basic grooming can opt for dog spas and salons. Let us check out the different services provided by dog spas and salons.
Dog Spa Services
- Coat Brushing : Brushing is a must for getting rid of parasites like fleas and ticks. It controls shedding and stimulates blood flow and oil distribution to the coat, resulting in a healthy and shiny coat.
- Spa Shampoo bath / Skin conditioning bath: As the name suggests, this involves giving a shampoo bath or bubble bath to the dog. The shampoos and other products used are soap and detergent free.
- Nail Trimming : is a must as long nails tend to curl and cause pain and infection. They may split and cause injury to the dog and you.
- Tooth Brushing : This curbs doggie bad breath, stimulates blood flow to the gums and prevents gum disease.
- Ear Cleaning : is very important for pet dogs to eliminate wax build up and bacterial and fungal growth.
- De-shedding, Blow Drying and combing followed by cuts from experienced pet stylists top the list.
- In addition, bows or bandanas may be used to give your pooch that special look.
Dog spas use special products like shampoos, conditioners, itchy skin solutions, cologne sprays, anti-itch sprays, butter balms for dry cracked noses and paws, aromatic mists, dog smog remedies, arthritis and dental products, tear stain removal products and so on. These products are usually different for different breeds of dogs. They are imported and bio-degradable.
U.S. and Canadian customers can buy a whole lot of dog grooming and dog care supplies at petco.com and dog.com . Another online store for reliable dog care products is Amazon.com and it even offers international shipping.
Some dog salons have their own trained and licensed vets which help you get a health checkup done for your dog!
Here is a listing of a few dog grooming salons in Mumbai and Pune
Whiskers and Tails Pet Salon services
Whiskers and Tails - a dog grooming salon is a pet venture of Irene James and Merylene Walekar, two sisters who transformed their love for dogs into a full fledged successful career. They do what they love doing the most – providing quality pet care and grooming for dogs.
Location – Kandivali
Sierra Towers Shop No. C-14
Contact : 9323089094, 9619833359
Open : 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Location – Bandra
Diamond Arch – Shop No. 5
St. John Baptist Road
Near Lilavati Hospital
Open : Mon-Sat 11am-7:30pm
Dogz Day Out Spa
Sector – 13
Palm Beach Road
Near HDFC bank
It’s A Dog’s Life!
Shop 1 & 2 , Pushpa Vihar Bldg, Colaba.
Open : 11 am to 8 pm.
Furry Friends – the pet grooming salon
Near UTI Bank
10th Road Juhu, Mumbai
Andheri East, Andheri West, Powaii, Juhu.
Contact : 9820050461
Open: Monday-Wed & Fri-Sun : 9am to 7pm, Thurs : Special requests
TailWaggers Pet Salon
6th Road, Pali Village,
Behind Real Palace,
Bandra (W), Mumbai
Contact: + (91)-9820127572
45, Hoosein Manor, Bomanji Petit Rd.,
Parsi General Hospital Lane,
Breach Candy, Mumbai
Contact: + (91)- 022 32414605 ,+ (91) 98200 70992
Petsworld (Professional Grooming Services)
A-1 amba bazar
MG road Pune